Friday 8 February 2013

Friday Flee

AGK Project Overdrive

I had though I could split the day squarely between Reloaded proto work and the AGK projects I am working on, but the thing about commercial software is that they require a lot of fine tuning and are often set-up as an iterative process. I should pretty much give up trying to estimate how long product completion will take when there is more than one person involved in the process.

The inaccuracy of one's estimate is compounded not only by waiting for material and works to arrive on your desk, but the micro-changes requested/demanded from others during the process.  The only estimates that come close to reality are the supremely exaggerated ones, as all sensible predictions don't even come close.

Early Knock

Back off to Wigan in a few hours so my day is cut short. I started the day at a reasonable time but when you have two or three large plates spinning those hours fly by very quickly.  The good news is that some of my ships are coming in and by Monday I will have plenty of meat to grind.  Hopefully these distractions won't hound me too much longer and I can get stuck into my Reloaded project.

Signing Off

Not much blog today as all my progress info is secret :) I can reveal that adding Facebook support to AGK apps is EXTREMELY simple thanks to the team. Just add an app from Facebook, get an App ID, then insert that into your set-up command and away you go. From afar, it all seemed like voodoo, but today I had to integrate me some Facebook and I found the whole experience alarmingly straight forward!  If all API's where this simple. I might add for readers who do not know AGK, I integrated Facebook in three commands, and in under five minutes. I am pretty sure there are very few competitors to AGK who could claim those stats ;)

2 comments:

  1. Lee, do you have any plans of implementing a first person cover system like the ones in Killzone 2 & 3 or FEAR 3 to FPS Creator Reloaded?

    BTW, I highly recommend you go out & purchase Far Cry 3. It is one of my favorite games of 2012 IMO.

    Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Far Cry 3 (not installed it yet). Going to get some projects out the way first and then dip myself in the FPS divine :)

    ReplyDelete