Saturday 9 March 2013

Friday & The Weekend

Lots And Lots

Where I to parrot off the list of things happening on Friday, it would be quite a list. I will boil it down to the fact I did a little bit of everything, and pretty much got my inbox under control that day.

AGK Project Bits

We had some problems on the old 3GS phone, and managed to get hold of one today so was able to reproduce and fix the remaining issues on that phone. A coders life is 1000% improved when the bug is readily reproducible!

FPSC & Reloaded Bits

As a way to keep the ball moving, I did some FPSC related compiles and checks to keep my hand in, but the main work will commence Monday when I have almost the whole day to get the current object placement system extracted and into my light mapper prototype. We'll then see some fireworks.

Ultimate Coder Bits

I anticipated the demand will be high to top my last video from Week Three, and it's a fools errand to attempt such a thing. I spend a few hours of the early hours looking at and compiling various audio conferencing open source projects but they are few and far between and they don't make it easy to get something up and running. All I wanted was a downloadable VS project I could compile and run, trace through the code then extract what I needed. What I got was projects requiring fifteen dependencies to link with, command line compilers and strange new tools that assemble project files for you.  The closest I got was an old project on Google code of Linphone which looked the part but on compiling threw up enough errors to make me realise this was going to be a LOT of work to untangle, with no guarantee if would be of use.

I am sure there are a number of solutions I am not aware of, but they all seem to be part of some click that I am not apart of. With time I can break in and sort my head around it, but I don't have a lot of that.  The weekend will reveal what direction I take based on this new obstacle, but there is plenty to do and I should not stop on this one issue for weeks and weeks. I can always come back to it when my brain is more cooperative.

Signing Off

Plenty to do this weekend so better get cracking. This blog goes out late due to Friday night ending about 5AM and it's writer needed sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment