It's very rare I allow physical discomfort to stop me coding, but for whatever reason Tuesday has been a real mare for me. Might be overwork, or just the weather, but my energy levels are barely registering. I did however have the professional sense to make today count so I booted up and carried on regardless for a few hours.
More progress made here, with each quad now having the correct UV coordinates assigned, the viewport system rendering a single object to each gap in the community texture and I have started the code to correctly align the view camera with the target object.
I am currently struggling with ensuring the view camera alignment remains unaffected, and to work out the optimum distance to place the camera from the object to encompass the whole object and match it perfectly with the quad size too. Doing this correctly means the quad system will work from any camera, and any angle, and any quad size.
I remember my early days at school and I don't think we did advanced 3D maths at GCSE level, but I wish I did. For what might take a modern programmer five minutes to work through the relationships between all my vectors and matrices, will take my brain a considerable amount of time, usually through trial, error and stubbornness.
Also managed to catch up with my emails, do this blog and start one or two plates spinning so no-one is waiting on my feedback.
Hopefully Wednesday I will feel better. For now, I am going to put the kettle on, watch an episode of Time Team and then get an early night. I did not sleep a wink (that I remember) in the last 36 hours so hopefully I can drift off. The quad system is the last visual hold-up to the next update, as after this it will be clean-up and testing which requires less 3D math and more donkey.