Wednesday 15 October 2014

Famous At Last!

A full day of driving and meetings today, so I am now truly 'tired' as at 7:11PM (and started the day at 5:30AM).  Just enough energy to post a very cool discovery I made last night about the parent of the FPSC Reloaded product. Here is the shot.


This was taken from DAMAGES, Season 4, Episode 9, 45 minutes into the drama. That's right, the console game being played at that point in the story was an FPSC Classic game.  A scene in which John Goodman thwarts the machinations of the rogue CIA agent, whilst zombies with futuristic shotguns are being blasted in the background. I could not believe my eyes when I saw this last night, and put a big smile on my face!

In FPSC Reloaded news, work continues full steam on Thursday when the occluders will be added to the entities used in The Escape demo level, and once I get my performance boost I will be moving onto my 'integrated Intel graphics' desktop to analyse the engine under GPA Frame Analyser.  My guess is that if I use a small enough level, there will be sufficient system memory remaining to run a proper and complete test. Failing that, I might drop a line to Intel and see if they have any ideas to run the more system memory hungry apps using the tool.  I must also discover why my test level from Tuesday grew by 174 draw calls, and confirm it was not some rogue code adding dummy objects to the mix (or some setting that had been switched on since the tests of that morning which is probably more likely).  In any event, Thursday is the last official day for performance and visuals, and I move into 'third pillar' territories with features such as the entity properties panel and terrain editing tools.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Nice! I saw that episode a bit back and remembered thinking huh.. that looks familiar but it didn't register.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOICE! Haha that's cool. It's a shame TV producers never understand what real gamers play, but it's cool all the same :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably more a question of legality. I mean they can't very well show quake 4 or anything. They'd have to pay a royalty, most likely.

    This way they can make their own game and then say it's theirs. Slick workaround, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point, one I'd not considered previously.

      Delete